Do you suffer from dental anxiety? Do you cringe at the sound of dental tools? Do you have a terrible gag reflex preventing you from visiting your dentist regularly? If you answered yes to any of these questions then IV sedation may benefit you greatly. A lot of people deal with dental anxiety, sensitive gag reflex or just general fear of the dentist, and that’s where “sleep dentistry” comes in. Sleep dentistry includes IV sedation, and IV sedation is used to help relax and put patients at ease during a dental procedure. The following list includes a couple benefits of IV sedation:
- IV sedations kicks in right as it’s administered and the drug dosage can be tailored to fit the patient’s needs.
- A safe maximum level of sedation can be reached with IV sedation, as where with oral or inhalation sedation the results can be unreliable. IV sedation is both highly reliable and highly effective.
- With IV sedation your gag reflex is likely to highly lessen in sensitivity. If minimizing the gag reflex is the main objective, your dentist may try inhalation sedation first.
- You are still conscious with IV sedation making it much safer that general anesthesia.
- Your recovery time after IV sedation is usually shorter than if you did oral sedation, mostly due to the controlled drug dosage you are given.
Now that you read the five listed benefits of IV sedation maybe you’ll take that visit to your dentist for regular checkups. Remember keeping up with your oral health is very important to your overall health!
If you would like more information regarding IV sedation, contact Dr. Patrick Simone in Henderson, NV at 702-735-2755 or visit our website at www.patricksimonedds.com.
Dr. Patrick Simone also proudly accepts patients from Henderson, Las Vegas, Silverado Ranch, Enterprise, Whitney, Spring Valley, and all surrounding areas.