People with beautiful, healthy smiles enjoy flashing their pearly whites, but let’s face it, not all of us have smiles we’re proud to show off. For those with chipped, discolored or misaligned teeth, smiling can be an agonizing experience, both emotionally and physically. Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry has come a long way, offering many ways to repair and improve your smile. One of the most popular dental procedures done in cosmetic dentistry are porcelain veneers, as they produce extremely natural looking results.
Advantages of veneers:
- Stain resistant to coffee, tea, soda and cigarette smoke
- Mimics the light reflective properties of a natural tooth
- Extremely durable and the strength is comparable to natural tooth enamel
- The shape, size and color of porcelain veneers are all customizable
- If taken care of properly, porcelain veneers can last up to 20 years
- The procedure preserves more of the natural tooth structure
- Provides fast and dramatic results
Disadvantages of veneers:
- Once placed the colored cannot be changed
- The natural tooth has to be altered
- If the veneer breaks, the whole thing must be replaced
- Temperature sensitivity for a few days after procedure
If your teeth are discolored, chipped, decayed or poorly shaped, you may be a good candidate for porcelain veneers. They can also be beneficial in situation where people have slight gaps, as well as minor crowding and bite-related issues.
If you end up being an ideal candidate, be sure to be a part of the design process. Let your dentist know your likes and dislikes about your teeth and what you’re looking for in your new smile.
Schedule an appointment today 702-735-2755. Learn more about his practice and see the beautiful smiles he has created by visiting his website at www.patricksimonedds.com.
Dr. Simone proudly serves patients from Henderson and all surrounding areas.