A crown is a cap placed over a tooth to restore its strength and appearance. Crowns have several uses such as to protect a weak or broken tooth. Also, crowns are used to cover a large filling or help support a bridge. Dr. Patrick Simone of Henderson, NV offers a list of the top 10 advantages of crowns.
- Natural Looking – Porcelain and composite crowns have the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Durable – Last up to fifteen years depending on their care.
- Stain Resistant – Made from porcelain
- Cosmetic – Improve the look of broken, cracked or discolored teeth
- Non-slipping – Crowns are cemented or anchored in place
- Protection – Crowns protect the tooth from further decay
- Restorative – Restores full function of your damaged tooth
- Comfort – Stable and do not irritate gums like partial dentures.
- Speech – Missing teeth and dentures can affect speech. Crowns replace the missing teeth and do not slip around, making speech sound more clear.
- Confidence – Damaged, discolored or missing teeth causes confidence issues. Crowns help to make your smile beautiful again.
If you have a broken, chipped, stained or damaged tooth, contact Dr. Simone at 702-735-2755 or www.patricksimonedds.com.