Some people don’t truly realize the impact that teeth and smiles have. However, only you can realize the benefits through personal experience. For those that have less than perfect teeth, smiling may make them feel uncomfortable or less confident, that’s where cosmetic dentistry comes into play. Cosmetic dentistry offers a myriad of benefits to those whom feel self-conscious with the appearance of their smile. From whitening discolored teeth to replacing missing ones, cosmetic dentistry can address almost any dental problem. And while cosmetic dentistry is often only seen as an aesthetics-first field, it can also restore the functionality of your teeth.
What can cosmetic dentist do for me?
Did you know that cosmetic dentists are actually restorative dentists that have taken the time to further study smile design and the use of various types of dental materials?
Very much like restorative dentists, cosmetic dentists also use the crowns and dental implants in their practices. However, cosmetic dentists not only focus on restoring functionality, but also to create a smile that looks ever better than it did before.
Essentially, this means that cosmetic dentistry not only aims to improve the aesthetics of your smile, but also the restoration of proper function to your teeth.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
For misaligned, cracked or damaged teeth:
- Veneers- Veneers are thin, shells that are customized in the shape and color of your choice. They can be used to restore cracked, chipped, broken, misaligned and even discolored teeth. Veneers can be used on multiple teeth.
- Crowns- Dental crowns are placed over damaged teeth and used to restore function. Although, in cosmetic dentistry, dental crowns are also used to improve the aesthetics of damaged teeth. They’re also made to seamlessly blend with your natural teeth.
- Dental Bonding- Bonding is known as a “quick-fix” to repair decayed, chipped, cracked and even discolored teeth. Dental bonding is typically recommended as an alternative to silver fillings.
- Orthodontics- Orthodontics includes the use of different dental appliances, such as Invisalign, traditional braces and retainers. This helps move teeth into their correct position, fixing malocclusions and improving the aesthetics of one’s teeth.
For missing teeth:
- Dental Implants- Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are placed into your jawbone to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. The crown that is placed over the implant is customized to match the color and shape of your existing teeth.
- Bridges and Partial Dentures- Bridges are either anchored into opposing teeth or a dental implant, where they are placed permanently. Partial dentures are similar to bridges, but can be removed willingly.
- Gum Contouring- With the use of soft tissue lasers, the gum lines of the teeth can be sculpted to improve one’s smile. This is typically done to improve what’s known as a gummy smile, which is the result of genetics.
- Teeth Whitening- Cosmetic dentists can whiten teeth in many different ways, depending on the patient’s wants, needs and financial situation.
The procedures that are listed above are only a few of the many cosmetic dentistry procedures offered by cosmetic dentists.
If you’re ready to have your life changed and your smile transformed, contact Dr. Patrick Simone DDS in Henderson, NV at 702-735-2755 to schedule a consultation today! Or visit www.patricksimonedds.com to learn more about Dr. Patrick Simone and his team.
Dr. Patrick Simone DDS proudly accepts patients from Henderson, Las Vegas, Silverado Ranch, Enterprise, Whitney, Spring Valley and all surrounding areas.